After testing positive two weeks ago
Denver Broncos star lineman Von Miller announced Thursday night on his Twitter account that he had overcome the coronavirus after testing negative for the second time after a two-week quarantine.
On April 16, Miller also announced his diagnosis on social networks and said he had decided to go public to emphasize that anyone could be affected by the virus. The defender was under the care of Broncos doctors and remained isolated.
Miller, 31, a native of Dallas, Texas, who was selected eight times for the Pro Bowl, also explained that he had tried to take every possible precaution the last month after being in San Francisco, but still contracted the virus.
In addition, Miller, who has asthma, said he decided to get tested after he started coughing six days earlier and his inhaler “didn’t work like it did regularly.
The Broncos’ star lineman, who won the Super Bowl 50 and the game’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) award, said he had always taken great care of his physique, which showed that the coronavirus was “very serious” for his health.
“It’s my job to keep my body in great shape and I feel like my body is. If I can get out of this, anyone can,” Miller said.